Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services. It works with Visual Studio 2008 - 2019 including Visual Studio Community as well as the free Visual Studio Shells. See the Installation instructions, especially if not using a commercial or community edition of Visual Studio.
Visual D aims at providing seamless integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
|Latest release: Visual D 0.52.0|
|If you are just starting with the D programming language and don't have a compiler installed then this download provides you with everything to get you started with writing D program in Visual Studio including the reference compiler DMD 2.091.0 and the LLVM-based compiler LDC 1.20.1:||
download size approx 80 MB
|If you are a Visual D user or have a D compiler already installed then this download provides you with an update to boost your experience in Visual Studio:||
download size approx 4 MB
|Cutting edge prereleases if you want to try the most recent improvements to Visual D:|
Use the navigation bar on the left to take a tour of Visual D including a lot of screen shots.
- mago: added support for tuples and simpler display of globals
- DMD based semantic engine: updated to 2.091, improvements to code-completions
- projects: updated support for all language options
- experimental: semantic server built from DMD frontend
- VS2017+: Ctrl+Click goto definition added
- VS2017+: syntax highlighted tool tips
- Fixes some integration issues with VS 2019 16.2
- mago: improve function call in watch window
- better version highlighting for files not in project
- Now checks for updates of Visual D, DMD and LDC and assists download and install
- Setup including DMD and LDC now available
- mago debugger: better support for dynamic type of classes, show exception messages, conditional breakpoints
- highlight references to symbol at caret
The latest installer and older versions can be downloaded here.