Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services. It works with Visual Studio 2008 - 2019 including Visual Studio Community as well as the free Visual Studio Shells. See the Installation instructions, especially if not using a commercial or community edition of Visual Studio.
Visual D aims at providing seamless integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
Use the navigation bar on the left to take a tour of Visual D including a lot of screen shots.
- VS2013/VS2015: VC projects broken in 0.49.1 due to unsupported msbuild variable
- VS2015: workaround VS not correctly updating extension caches after uninstallation
- fixed reading settings from VC projects in VS2017
- added support for VS2019 Update 16.1
- dparser improvements and bug fixes
- support for Visual Studio 2019
- parallel compilation supported by VC projects (thanks to Igor Cesi)
- catch up with recent language changes
- new "Language" configuration page for -transition=/-preview=/-revert= options
- goto definition on alias: jump to base definition if caret on alias
- cv2pdb: fix missing line numbers for new versions of mspdb*.dll
- mago: variables captured from stack of outer function not displayed in locals
- installer and binaries now digitally signed by the "D Language Foundation"
- dparser now has semantic support for static foreach (thanks to Alexander Bothe)
- experimental: option to enable semantic identifier highlighting
- mago debugger: show return value, showing closure and capture variables as locals for dmd 2.084
The latest installer and older versions can be downloaded here.