Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services.
It works with Visual Studio 2005 - 2015 including Visual Studio Community 2013/2015 as well as the free Visual Studio Shells.
See the Installation instructions, especially if not using a commercial or community edition of Visual Studio.
Visual D aims at providing seamless integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
Use the navigation bar on the left to take a tour of Visual D including a lot of screen shots.
- Project management with all DMD options available through the UI
- Syntax highlighting with special version and token string support
- Import statement completion, semantic word-completion
- Underlining of syntactical errors
- Goto definition
- Parameter info tooltips
- Code outlining
- Symbol/File search window
- Integration of cv2pdb and
Mago for nice debugging experience
- Profiler browse window
- Code Coverage support
- Support for Error List, Code Definition window, Object Browser and Class View
- C++ to D Conversion Wizard
- Code completion and tooltips from semantic analysis of source code
- Support for building with LDC and
instead of DMD
- Completely written in D
Full version history and complete details...
2015-11-28 Version 0.3.43
- improved VS 2015 support
- better support for LDC
- pimped the configuration dialogs
2015-8-5 Version 0.3.42
- new command "DustMite Build Failure" to reduce source for build error with DustMite
- integration into the Visual Studio Performance Wizard
- cv2pdb: improved DWARF support, intergration with Visual Studio 2015
- demangling D/C++ symbols in disassembly
The latest installer and older versions can be downloaded
You can find even older versions and some additional files in
the dsource download directory.