Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services. It works with Visual Studio 2008 - 2019 including Visual Studio Community as well as the free Visual Studio Shells. See the Installation instructions, especially if not using a commercial or community edition of Visual Studio.
Visual D aims at providing seamless integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
|Latest release: Visual D 1.1.1|
|If you are just starting with the D programming language and don't have a compiler installed then this download provides you with everything to get you started with writing D program in Visual Studio including the reference compiler DMD 2.096.1 and the LLVM-based compiler LDC 1.25.1:||
download size approx 80 MB
|If you are a Visual D user or have a D compiler already installed then this download provides you with an update to boost your experience in Visual Studio:||
download size approx 4 MB
|Cutting edge prereleases if you want to try the most recent improvements to Visual D:|
Use the navigation bar on the left to take a tour of Visual D including a lot of screen shots.
- semantic engine updated to frontend of DMD 2.096.1
- full installer now bundled with DMD 2.096.1 and LDC 1.25.1
- semantic engine updated to frontend of DMD 2.095.1
- experimental: show parameter storage ref/out/lazy at call site
- integrated dfmt for "Format Document"
- dmd based semantic engine: updated to DMD 2.093.1
- editor: now extra mouse buttons to navigate backward/forward supported
- installer: full installer now bundled with DMD 2.093.1 and LDC 1.23.0
- DMD based semantic engine: enabled by default, updated to front end version 2.092
- mago: customize debugger display with methods/fields __debugOverview, __debugExpanded, __debugTextView
- navigation bar: display and change current edit scope
- goto definition by clicking identifier in tool tip
The latest installer and older versions can be downloaded here.