Visual D is a Visual Studio package providing both project management and language services. It works with Visual Studio 2008 - 2019 including Visual Studio Community as well as the free Visual Studio Shells. See the Installation instructions, especially if not using a commercial or community edition of Visual Studio.
Visual D aims at providing seamless integration of the D programming language into Visual Studio.
|Latest release: Visual D 0.50.0|
|If you are just starting with the D programming language and don't have a compiler installed then this download provides you with everything to get you started with writing D program in Visual Studio:||
download size approx 70 MB
|If you are a Visual D user or have a D compiler already installed then this download provides you with an update to boost your experience in Visual Studio:||
download size approx 3 MB
|Cutting edge prereleases if you want to try the most recent improvements to Visual D:|
Use the navigation bar on the left to take a tour of Visual D including a lot of screen shots.
- Now checks for updates of Visual D, DMD and LDC and assists download and install
- Setup including DMD and LDC now available
- mago debugger: better support for dynamic type of classes, show exception messages, conditional breakpoints
- highlight references to symbol at caret
- VS2013/VS2015: VC projects broken in 0.49.1 due to unsupported msbuild variable
- VS2015: workaround VS not correctly updating extension caches after uninstallation
- fixed reading settings from VC projects in VS2017
- added support for VS2019 Update 16.1
- dparser improvements and bug fixes
- support for Visual Studio 2019
- parallel compilation supported by VC projects (thanks to Igor Cesi)
- catch up with recent language changes
- new "Language" configuration page for -transition=/-preview=/-revert= options
The latest installer and older versions can be downloaded here.